Aug 22, 2018
Amy Aussieker is executive
director of Envision Charlotte, a public-private collaboration
leading an effort to make the City of Charlotte a global Smart
City. Before joining Envision Charlotte, Amy served as a
strategic consultant for businesses in marketing, fundraising,
social media and public relations. She served as a business
development and community affairs executive with a commercial
construction company and as Group Vice President for Sales and
Marketing for the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, where she was
responsible for leadership, fundraising and community
relations. She has started multiple businesses, including FABO
Coffee Art Bar and Tank*s Tap Craft Beer Bar. Amy earned a
B.A. in Communications from Purdue University.
This episode is perfect for anyone interested in smart
cities, circular economies, idea generation, reincarnation and
evolving over many lives.
IN THIS EPISODE
- Amy explains Envision
Charlotte and its two buckets of
- She discusses its core mission and how it goes
about it work.
- She talks about changing consumer behaviors in the
land of plenty.
- She addresses the relationship between Envision
Charlotte and Duke Energy.
- Amy defines what makes a smart city.
- She identifies the one area she
would invest in to make a city smarter.
- She considers the human element of
being a smart city.
- She talks about Envision America.
- Amy explains the Innovation Barn, waste
streams and the circular economy.
- She answers why she does this work.
- She reflects on growing up in Indiana and a
defining family experience.
- She discusses changing her major at Purdue University, being a
social director, moving to Atlanta, and finding
her way to Charlotte.
- Amy shares her entrepreneurial
ventures and what comes up when her name is
- She reveals what is at the deep core of her
- She shares what comforts her and evolving as a
- She talks about the life lessons she is
- Amy identifies the book that rocked her
plus Mark Peres' Personal
Word Essay: Reincarnation Once Again
To learn more, visit On Life and Meaning