Jan 17, 2018
Angela Gala takes the stress out of life. She is co-founder
and executive director of Youth Meditation, a non-profit
organization dedicated to giving students, teachers and parents
tools to manage anxiety and emotions. She is also founder and
principal of Rogers and Gala Creative Partners, an event planning
firm. She has planned hundreds of events, has been featured on
The Today Show, and has been quoted extensively on event planning
in media throughout North America. She previously worked as
Director of Private Parties for Charlotte City Club and Director of
Catering for the Sheraton Hotel. Angela holds a B.A. in
Marketing from the University of Louisville.
This episode is
perfect for anyone interested in meditation and event-planning and
what they have in common in a purpose-driven
IN THIS EPISODE
explains what is Youth Meditation and
what it seeks to do.
- She describes mindful meditation and
how to meditate.
- She guides listeners in a meditation session,
showing the practice of controlled breath and relaxation.
- She talks about who Youth Meditation
serves and how it is being received.
- Angela shares what we would witness in a
Youth Meditation class.
- She reflects on the needs she sees in the
community for meditation and what science says about
- She reveals what is her one
goal when she leads meditation and why she has
brought this work to schools.
- She then talks about event planning and
answers how an event planner plans
- Angela explores the connection between meditation
- She answers what event she enjoys planning the
most, what makes for a good event and
whether the Internet has changed event planning.
- She shares where she grew up, what was important
to her growing up, and what she carried with her for many
- She talks about her first job out of school that
made the news and the lesson she learned.
- Angela reveals the most gratifying part of her
joband what she hopes her kids learn from her.
After the conversation, host Mark Peres adds a personal word
that begins this way, "My guided meditation session with Angela
was...unusual. We were seated at my kitchen table with microphones
in front us recording our conversation..."
To learn more, visit On Life and Meaning